1. Haricot bean sprout / Mod aleli mataki.
2. Chana dal, soaked in water for few hours
3. Ole khobare / dessicated coconut
5. Curry leaves
6. Green chili
9. Mustard seeds
1. Soak the haricot beans in water overnight. Drain them in the morning and cover-fry them in a spoon of oil.
2. In grinder, make paste of green chili, ginger, coriander and coconut. Add mataki, chana dal, salt, asafoetida and curry leaves to this. Grind again.
3. Take the mix in a bowl. Add coriander and coconut to this and mix well.
4. Make mutake with hands and transfer them to steamer. Steam for 7-8 minutes.
5. Once they are cooked, let them cool.
6. Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric, curry leaves. Add the pieces of mutake and mix well in the oil.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and dessicated coconut.