1. Raw mango, 1, cut into 1-inch square pieces
2. Fenugreek seeds, 2 teaspoons
3. Mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon
4. Cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon
5. Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
6. Chili powder, 1 teaspoon
7. Asafoetida, 1/2 teaspoon
8. Sunflower oil, 4 spoons
9. Salt, 1 teaspoon
10. Jaggery, 6-8 teaspoons
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add fenugreek seeds. Once they start splattering, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add asafoetida.
2. Add the raw mango pieces. Mix well in the oil.
3. Add turmeric and chili powder. Let the mango cook a bit. Keep stirring so that mango pieces don't stick to the pan.
4. Add salt and mix again. Place the jaggery in this pan. You can either grate the jaggery or put the whole piece of jaggery in the pan.
5. Add a cup of water to this pan. Keep on stirring and cook this till its thick.