1. Whole chicken, remove skin and fat and chop into small pieces
2. Dried shitake mushrooms, 8-10
3. Garlic, 2-3 cloves, crushed
4. Ginger, 1 one-inch piece, grated
5. Soy sauce
6. Oyster sauce
7. Dash of sesame oil
8. Salt and pepper
9. Dash of white wine
10. Macaroni, 1 pack, cooked
11. Cabbage, grated
1. Prepare the chicken. Marinate the chicken pieces with grated ginger, salt, pepper, dash of sesame oil, soy sauce and oyster sauce for at least an hour.
2. Soak dried shitake mushrooms in water till softened. Wash and slice thinly. Marinate the mushrooms with pepper, pinch of sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and white wine for at least an hour.
3. Place marinated chicken, mushrooms, garlic in a deep pot. Add water until 3/4th of the pot.
4. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for at least 1 hour. Otherwise, you can place it in the microwave for 60-90 minutes. Just make sure you check occasionally to make sure it does not boil dry. Add more water if required.
5. Season the soup with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
6. When ready, spoon macaroni into bowls and pour the soup over the macaroni.
7. Garnish with cut chili, sprig of coriander leaves, grated cabbage and chopped spring onions.