1. Beef with bones (short ribs or shanks), 250 g
2. Whole garlic, 1
3. Whole onion, 1
4. Leek sticks, 4-5
5. Black peppercorns, 5-6
7. Elbow or shell macaroni
8. Corn kernels, steamed, 1 cup
9. Cream of mushroom soup, 1 can or packet
1. Cook the beef in plenty of water together with the whole garlic, onion, peppercorns, leeks and salt. Remove scum as it rises. Simmer until the beef is tender (about two to two-and-a-half hours).
2. Remove the beef from the broth and cool. Separate the meat from the bones. Cut the meat into chunks or cubes of preferred size. Set aside.
3. Strain the broth and measure about six cups. Reheat. Cook the macaroni in the broth. When the macaroni is almost done, add the beef cubes and corn kernels.
4. Dilute the mushroom soup with a cup of broth or water. Pour into the cooking pan, stirring. Simmer until the soup thickens.
5. Off the fire, adjust the seasonings and add some chopped parsley.
6. Serve with toast spread with herbed butter.