1. Mackerel / surmai, 5
2. Pomfret, 3 pieces
3. Turmeric, 1/4 tsp
4. Salt, to taste
5. Chili powder, 2 tsp
6. Paste of ginger, garlic, green chili and coriander, 1/5 tsp
7. Oil, 2 tsp
8. Garlic, 4
9. Kokam, 2-3
10. Dessicated coconut - fry, 1 cup
1. Marinate the fish pieces in salt and kokam for an hour. Once marinated, add chili powder, turmeric, green paste. Mix well. Leave it for 20 minutes.
2. Fry dessicated coconut on a pan. Grind this with 2 cloves of garlic.
3. Add this coarse powder of coconut and garlic to the fish mix. Make sure it is spread uniformly on all the fish pieces. Leave it for 15 minutes.
4. Heat a pan and add oil to it. Add chopped garlic to it. Once they turn pink, add the fish one by one into the pan. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Take the lid off, turn the fish so other side cooks. Cover for 2 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.